Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Snickerdoodle Recipe

Snickerdoodles are a kind of sugar cookie. They're easy to make, chewy, light, cinnamon sugar things.

I made them because I had everything I needed in the house. My recipe is from the Pillsbury Kitchens Family Cookbook 1979 edition.

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients; blend well. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt; blend well. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; roll balls in sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.


They're simple.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

My first class in Home Economics in 7th grade was to make a snickerdoodle. I left out an ingredient, and it turned into a single, giant cookie.

I flunked home ec.

November 28, 2007 7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh, thank you Maureen!

And have a wonderful time in Jamaica.

November 28, 2007 11:15 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

My favorite cookie ever. Also used as a unit of currency in our family, as in, "Do this for me and I'll pay you with a batch of snickerdoodles."

December 01, 2007 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home