Thursday, November 01, 2007

Domestic Matters Continue


When we moved into this house, we found that the oven door didn't quite close which meant that the oven had a draft so the temperature was uneven and baking anything was chancy, at best. And that the controls to the burners had gotten so gummed up that the back burners were hard to adjust--mostly I could turn them on, or turn them off. And that the stove wasn't level, which meant that when I fried something, the shortening puddled at the front of the pan, leaving the back of the pan to scorch. Needless to say, it made cooking less fun.

Today they delivered my new stove. Meet GE JGBP86DEM.

It has a 17,000 BTU power burner, a elongated central burner with a griddle that fits right in, and a precise simmer burner. Right now it also has a pot of Cheese and Sausage soup simmering on top of it. And it's level, the door shuts, and all of the burners work.

17,000 BTUs baby. Let's see what this sucker can do.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the female version of Tim Allen in Home Improvement! What's the female version of monkey-grunts?

But seriously, NICE STOVE!!!!!!!!!! And considering how fabulous you cook, you deserve a kickass stove. - Michelle

November 01, 2007 2:28 PM  
Blogger Caroline M. Yoachim said...

I am so envious of your new stove! The stove in my apartment is of the uneven-oven-heat-and-slightly-tilted variety, which isn't nearly as fun :(

November 01, 2007 2:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a somewhat-less spiffy version of your stove, also relatively new -- I'm missing the middle griddle, but pretty much otherwise as you've said. I'm not so much a cook as you, but I have to say it makes what I do cook much easier, especially the convection oven which does bake a whole lot more evenly and efficiently!

Happy stoving!

November 04, 2007 7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'm dying of envy. The new house has an evil electric glass top stove with a wonky oven door. That puppy will drive me to distraction, and it _will_ be replaced.

Mary Piero Carey

November 05, 2007 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home