Monday, July 09, 2007

Home Again, Home Again

Great con. But although I spent time with Karen Fowler, John Kessel, Ellen Datlow, Nina Hoffman RoseFox and the crew, Lucius Shepherd, Greg Feeley, Ted Chiang, Gavin Grant (though only briefly with Kelly Link) Amelia Beamer, Charlie Brown, Scott Edelman, Amelia Beamer, Michael Swanwick, Kay Kenyon and others, I didn't get enough time with ANY of them. I never did get to spend any time with Paul Park, Paolo Bacigalupi, Rick Wilber, Jim Cambias, Gordon Van Gelder, Jeff Ford, or a BUNCH of other people.

David Moles, I did pass on your message to Alex Jablakov about having written the best Mars novel of the 90's and he is about to publish another novel...but I didn't have a chance to find out more because, of course, it was a convention.

Came home to find Howard had charmed the dogs. They are great, but sometimes they look at me with a faint suggestion of boredom--as if life with Bob and me was somehow less...transformative.

I have a cold. Ah, airports

5 Comments:

Blogger Rose Fox said...

It was tremendous fun to hang out with you. Thanks again for inscribing my copy of CMZ. I read it on the Fung Wah bus back to New York--what a surreal experience that was!

July 09, 2007 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes yes yes! I loved seeing you and Bob--did you see your photos? (I just remembered his last name and will have to add it).
Ellen

July 09, 2007 5:00 PM  
Blogger Responsible Artist said...

Oh, no! (the cold). Fluids and rest. Glad it was fun and hope the dogs readjust quickly!

July 09, 2007 5:21 PM  
Blogger Eileen Gunn said...

When Howard teaches at Clarion West, we have the same problem with the students that you're having with the dogs. I suggest you make them each write an extra story this week. That should distract them.

July 11, 2007 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you were on my list of people missed. Almost said hello a few times, but you were always deep in conversation.

July 12, 2007 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home