Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Door is A Jar

About a month ago, Bob mentioned that in this new house I always leave doors open. Pantry doors are not quite closed. Closet doors. All are left slightly ajar.

I scoffed. But it's true, I find behind me a trail of doors left off the latch. I get something from the pantry and when I am cleaning the kitchen, the pantry door is just barely open, like a girl with her slip showing. Now and again I catch myself, my fingers splayed against the door, having pushed it to the point of the catch and then letting go and then walking away, while the door, behind me, is left hesitantly cracked.

7 Comments:

Blogger Beth Adele Long said...

Good god, we must've been twins in a former life. I used to take grief from my roommate for leaving one or two dished unwashed, one cupboard door just ajar, the washer lid up.

May 22, 2007 11:00 PM  
Blogger dubjay said...

You know you've been married too long when you no longer bother to close the bathroom door.

May 23, 2007 3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you've been married too long when your spouse opens the bathroom door to let the dogs visit you.

May 23, 2007 4:39 PM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

You did it first!

May 23, 2007 5:23 PM  
Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

This door-leaving-open is a hedge against ... something. I don't know what.

May 23, 2007 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need to switch spouses. You and I are kindred spirits and so are our spouses.

Levin

May 23, 2007 9:38 PM  
Blogger Tour Mistress Of The Darkness said...

Oh god, I could never live with you!! If a door, drawer or anything like that is left even slightly ajar anywhere in my house, I get a very specific itch at the bottom of my spine. I simply cannot rest until I find the offending open door and close it.

It must be a Virgo thing. :}

May 24, 2007 4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home