Friday, February 02, 2007

Real Life

My sister has been in town for the last week and I've also been doing some freelance work. This has resulted in spending a great deal of my time in Real Life rather than on the internet. Sort of the way buying the house and moving to Austin required a great deal of Real Life interaction.

Pat and I, among other things, went to Fredericksburg, Texas, a little town settled in the mid-19th century by German immigrants. It's in Texas Hill Country (scenic) and has lots of antique and gift shops (faux-quaint). Walking around, talking to people face-to-face, all that stuff. It was quite intense in a Real Life kind of way and I had a great time. But I'm glad to be back to the internet. And all you people I owe email to, I'll be in touch in the next day or two.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a cute town.
Ellen

February 02, 2007 5:10 PM  
Blogger David Moles said...

Hill country. I really need to see more of Texas than the Houston swamps, the Dallas airport, Austin, and Interstate 10 west of Amarillo.

February 03, 2007 12:49 AM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

David, San Antonio seems pretty nice, too. And sometime this month I'm going to Georgetown, but only because that's the county seat and I have to get my car registered in Texas.

February 03, 2007 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home