Monday, July 17, 2006

Marines at Christmas

One of the people who wanted to adopt a Marine was from the Marine Corps Family Foundation. Geez, like these people aren't already doing something.

Bravo Co. will probably be home by the holidays--although nothing is official and it's hard to tell because things are always changing. But check out the links for projects on the Marine Corps Family Foundation. I think I'd really like to find a guy to send Christmas presents to. I spent a Christmas in China and it was one really really weird day. I read the Biblical Christmas story to my class on British and American History and Culture (all of British and American history and culture in two hours a week) and taught my other classes and wandered around feeling as if I was looking at the world from the wrong end of a telescope.

At least the base will recognize Christmas, even if once they go beyond the wire, Christmas and all Christian holidays disappear.

Then again, they don't have to look at Christmas decorations in October.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

This is good.

You are good.

October xmas ornaments are bad.

Hello.

July 18, 2006 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home