Saturday, February 19, 2005

Workshops

I'm team teaching a workshop (it meets five Saturdays) with the poet Carolyne Wright and this morning was the first class. It was delightful to be teaching again. Particularly delightful to be teaching in an environment where I didn't have to grade papers. Carolyne was generous enough to let me teach this class, and to teach the next. I'll have chemo #7 on Thursday and so won't be so sharp next Saturday.

The students are primarily interested in memoir and poetry. So I taught a memoir exercise and then did an exercise on narrative. Carolyne is a poet who's book Seasons of Mangoes and BrainFire won a number of prizes. She's got some lovely poems in Ploughshares. I only hope I have enough of a brain next Saturday to be able to learn something from her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Responsible Artist said...

I wish I could take your class.

February 21, 2005 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home