Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Company

My sister is here! We spent the whole day in our nightgowns, just talking about everything. Smith has systematically pulled every toy out of the toy basket and brought them to Pat, one by one, as some sort of offering.

I feel good today, and we are going to a steak house for dinner. Pat lives in Las Cruces New Mexico where it is oddly difficult to find a good steak. And the Hyde Park Chop House, where we are going, has an extensive fish selection. I'm thinking about the macademia encrusted grouper.

I looked at my ativan supply and realized I have only gone through fifty since the prescription was issued on the third of December, so maybe I'm not as bad as I thought. I took one last night. (Damn the torpedoes.)

Off to get a little dressed up and go out on the town!

(Chemo #7 is on Thursday.)

9 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Yay! It sounds like a party at your house right now! Hurray for sisters! And I want to hug Smith. Damned cute dog.

February 22, 2005 7:46 PM  
Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

Oh, excellent. How long is your sister there for?

February 22, 2005 8:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you! So glad for you. And my dog does the same thing -- one of the many ways in which he's more civilized than your average human.

February 22, 2005 9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I came down with a case of cancer the other week. Maybe it's going around.
I'm not really thrilled about it, actually.
Not Hodgkin's, though; skin cancer, in my case; malignant melanoma. I had been hoping that it would turn out to be the basal-cell kind, which is more or less harmless, but it turns out, no, it's the melanoma one, and those guys with knives who attacked me the first time, and removed the one bit of skin, tell me that I'm probalby going to have other guys with knives cut on me some more, which I'm really really not thrilled about.
On the other hand--your statement last December that Hodgkin's is the world's most curable cancer nonwithstanding-- if it's relatively shallow, melanoma is also relatively curable.
Nevertheless, I don't like the part where people cut on parts of my body with sharp knives. Have I mentioned that already?

February 24, 2005 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Ellen.

February 24, 2005 11:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Geoff, I'm really sorry to hear your news. How awful that you have to go through that again. At least they can help you, though, right?

Really sorry -- hugs from me too.

Sarah

February 25, 2005 12:12 AM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

Geoff,

That sucks. I would just as soon you hadn't joined the club. Yeah, yeah, melanoma caught early is easily treated, etc. etc. But life is just much simpler without it. And you and Mary don't need it.

February 25, 2005 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>That sucks. I would just as soon you hadn't joined the club.

Yeah, well, me too.

On the other hand, this allows me to hang around a classy joint like this one, and feel like I belong!

February 25, 2005 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog about design seattle site web, make sure to check design seattle site web web site out as well!

October 06, 2005 3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home