Sunday, February 13, 2005

Birthday

Woke up to a bright red bag full of jazz and silk. Bob got me a beautiful huge scarf, deep brown with blue and green butterflies like those iridescent rain forest butterflies. I'm not much of a butterfly person, but this is gorgeous. And of course, butterflies are such a nice symbol of rebirth through change. The Coleman Hawkins cd is playing on the stereo right now, and after that will be Billie Holliday.

I went to bed at 8:30 yesterday and I'm feeling pretty good today, so I may have to give the new scarf a spin and go out and about.

6 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!! Good idea, jazz and silk. I love Billie Holiday. Do you like the Blues too? I love Bessie Smith more than chocolate, but it's better if I can have chocolate and Bessie Smith at the same time. Happy Birthday again!!

February 13, 2005 9:37 AM  
Blogger Greg van Eekhout said...

Happy Birthday, Maureen? Have you heard David Sedaris's spot-on impersonation of Billie Holiday singing the Oscar Meyer song?

February 13, 2005 11:24 AM  
Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

Happy Birthday, Maureen! Jazz, silk, chocolate, high end Scotch, and a year of increasingly excellent health, all in a box with a pretty ribbon (it's amazing what you can cram into a virtual box).

February 13, 2005 12:53 PM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

Zakbar, I love chocolate and got some of that, too. Greg van E, I really love Billie Holliday but every time I put on a cd Bob remarks absently that 'she really sounds like David Sedaris.' Which tends to dampen the listening experience.

Mad, I'm not supposed to drink now, but virtual scotch has got to be all right!

February 13, 2005 3:02 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Maureen! Have a restful, joyous day.

February 13, 2005 6:28 PM  
Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

God, I used to live half a block down from LiLac. Such dangerous proximity. And now there's another one in the neighborhood?

February 14, 2005 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home