Thursday, January 13, 2005

Not Delayed!

I never thought I'd same 'I'm really hoping for chemo.' You know it's one of those perfectly normally contructed English sentences that I could have imagined saying. Buy I did. And despite the fact that I'm still hovering at 1.4 they said, 'okay.'

Dr. Schnurr can find no evidence of tumors in my neck by palpitation. They scheduled me a CT scan for a few days to check the tumor at my aorta (a mediastinal mass in the langueage of Hodgkins.)

And now I am stupid and toxic and mildly headachy--but pleasedand happy, so good night.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gregory Feeley said...

Notice how cleverly Maureen types a wrong word and misspells others, in order to lend verisimilitude to her claim of being "stupid and toxic and mildly headachy." That's the literary game, folks -- very tricky!

January 13, 2005 7:40 PM  
Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

Maureen is a very tricky soul.

Not that I wish you chemo, but I'm glad it wasn't delayed. Sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to do, too. Glad to hear it. Report back when you have had lots of sleep...

January 13, 2005 8:39 PM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

It was all in the search of verisimilitude, and the desire for lots of sympathy. Actually I was out until three, drinking and partying with Bob (that party animal.) After jazz at Nighttown and perhaps too many champagne cocktails, we headed downtown for a place that does Swing dancing, where we cut the rug with cats in zoot suits 'til they closed the place down.

It is only that I am so used t the decadent life that I am up so early, typing away.

January 14, 2005 8:19 AM  
Blogger David Moles said...

I knew all the clubbing scenes in China Mountain Zhang had to be from experience. (Next you’ll be trying to convince us you’ve never been to the Arctic.)

But, “No evidence of tumors”! Wicked!

January 14, 2005 4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should think champagne cocktails qualify as a kind of chemotherapy. Yes?

Well, anyway, congrats on your fruitless palpitations.

- mrw

January 14, 2005 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home