Monday, January 17, 2005

Cancer Lite

I guess for the first time I've had a real taste of chemo fatigue and a bit of nausea. I sure can't say it's awful--I went to Curves this morning and exercised so how bad can I really feel? But I slept a lot this weekend. Huge, four and five hour naps. And even more shockingly, I didn't eat much.

Now I've gained about six pounds during chemo, so not eating is really nowhere near a problem. And if this is as bad as it gets, I will still be sailing. I really am experiencing Cancer Lite. But I hate it. It's the first time I've actually not done something because I didn't feel great. (I didn't go to my writer's group on Sunday because I just didn't have any energy.)

In other news, it's snowing. Okay, that's not news.


3 Comments:

Blogger Gregory Feeley said...

I'm glad you get fifteen days between sessions, Maureen. Glad also that you managed some heavy-duty naps in this weekend. Very sorry to hear you are feeling run down. It does happen, doesn't it?

Your ordeal is a long, grinding low-grade war, which you will probably win but only after a protracted, unpleasant campaign. Mine is different: a lightning strike (already delivered), and if it didn't work the enemy will return and kill me. I'm waiting tomorrow on blood test results, to see whether the enemy has crept back. A very different experience, and so far I'm having a better time of it than you.

Anyway, imagine me poking my head up from my foxhole and waving at you.

January 17, 2005 8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were missed at the workshop my friend.

Levin

January 17, 2005 11:18 PM  
Blogger Heather Mackin said...

Maureen,

Thank you so much for posting on my blog and sharing your with me. I am so inspired to have connected with other strong women fighting this. I look forward to reading your whole blog and quite possibly your novels & stories.

Its funny that your post today is titled "Cancer Lite" as that is what my husband calls my hodgkin's all together. It is really. I feel blessed as it could have been a lot worse.

Love,
Heather

January 18, 2005 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home